With 245 million monthly listeners in the U.S., iHeartMEDIA has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. iHeartMEDIA serves 150 markets through 860 owned radio stations. The company's radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, the Internet at iHeartRadio.com, the company's radio station websites, the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on iPads and smartphones, and used via navigation systems. iHeartRadio, our digital radio platform, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 300 million downloads. It reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history.
The company's operations include radio broadcasting, online and mobile services and products, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation. iHeartMEDIA is a division of CC Media Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB: CCMO), a leading global media and entertainment company. More information on the company can be found at iHeartMEDIA.com.
The Account Executive is responsible for building relationships and selling iHeartMEDIA assets as marketing solutions. This opening and possible future openings are for radio Stations WCWA, WCKY, WIOT, WRVF, WSPD, WVKS AND 94.9 The Beat in Toledo, Ohio and the stations respective web sites, digital programming, and events. The successful candidate will acquire, retain and deepen customer relationships. Account Executives proactively meet face-to-face and over the phone with customers to promote and sell advertising air time to generate revenue. The Account Executive creates revenue by having a deep understanding of their clients' needs and the local marketplace.
Position requires time in the office and outside the office on sales calls. Candidate must be willing to relocate to local area.
· Generate revenue and meet / exceed established sales targets.
· Develop new leads by cold calling to obtain face to face appointments and attaining new business accounts and sponsorships.
· Translate market & station business strategies into specific actions that generate sales & revenue.
· Monitor competitive media to continually prospect for new account leads.
· Market, sell, and service advertising air time.
· Establish, maintain, and deepen relationships with existing client base & agencies.
· Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with corporate, advertising, and public relations communities.
· Solicit funding for broadcast and non-broadcast projects, special events, web streaming, and other off-air projects.
· Develop presentations to corporations and agencies designed to sell marketing solutions.
· Maintain an organized format on each sales call, covering all important topics: client marketing analysis, target consumer needs, benefits sought, assignments, and follow-up.
· Provide regular reports to Sales Manager regarding prospective sales orders, daily call sheets, itineraries, new prospect lists, forecasts, and competition analysis.
· Service client accounts including preparing sales orders and production requests, resolve billing discrepancies, assist in account collections.
· Follow station/company practices/policies for processing, invoicing, calculation of sales.
· Bachelor's degree preferred.
· Experience in a successful sales role helpful (radio experience a plus)
· Ability to grow the business & find new revenue opportunities, and create productive, long-term customer relationships.
· Prospecting experience through cold calling, networking, and meeting functions.
· Knowledge of sales principles and practices, and radio and digital advertising platforms.
· Entrepreneurial & motivated self-starter.
· Ability to organize, prioritize and multi task in a fast paced environment.
· Self-motivated, assertive, performs well in a competitive sales environment.
· Flexible and creative, with an ability to handle stress, deadlines, and financial pressures.
· Ability to design, delivers, and successfully executes targeted marketing plans and presentations.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Keyboarding and MS Office skills required.
· Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team setting.
· Ability to travel in local and regional area.
· Valid driver's license and state mandated automobile insurance and provide own, reliable transportation.
· Understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors preferred.
iHeartMEDIA offers a competitive commission-based compensation package.
All Applications must be completed on line - https://iheartmedia-openhire.silkroad.com/
iHeartMEDIA is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
TOLEDO, Ohio, United States